David R. Horton
Highly motivated technology leader with 10 years of experience implementing large, multi-enterprise and agency systems as a development team lead/manager. Awarded “stretchy superhero” award by agency departments for my ability to juggle and deliver multiple, high priority, high visibility projects, driving millions of dollars of additional revenue to departments as well as saving $8 million a year in costs, achieving a prestigious industry award.
EXPERIENCE AND KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Implementation Manager/Build Master – Los Angeles, CA
City National Bank
2015 – 2017
- Led team of 8 technical systems implementations staff through quarterly software releases.
- Upgraded middle-tier server environments to latest standards and technologies, saving thousands of hours in increased staff efficiencies.
- Developed SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) class libraries for middle-tier applications to integrate into bank back-end systems, allowing an additional source of revenue for the bank from international transactions.
- Automated deploying of web applications using utilizing Agile Build and Release Management methodologies for continuous integration, saving hundreds of hours per month of deployment time.
- Replaced integration to legacy bill payment system with new vendor API, saving bank potentially millions of dollars per month in lost revenue.
Senior Development Team Lead – Las Vegas, NV
Clark County Information Technology Department
2007 – 2015
- Recruited, hired, trained and mentored 5 junior level programmers and interns.
- Moved Election Department IT division to agile project management.
- Led multi-enterprise project of undergoing complete rewrite of a large legacy mainframe system built in the 1960’s, saving local, state and federal government agencies over $8 million dollars a year and earned an industry Award.
- Led technical initiative of building Online Business Licensing system, a first in the history of Clark County, where business owners can now apply for business licenses online via an interactive and responsive web application utilizing latest web application technologies.
- Co-led statewide initiative to develop a Multi-Jurisdictional Business Licensing system.
Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Management
Clearwater Christian College, Clearwater, FL
- Summa Cum-laude, 4.0 GPA and recognized on the President’s and Dean’s List of Students
- Awarded a Certificate of Academic Excellence in the Major Field of Information Systems Management by the Chair of Business Studies
- ITIL Foundation Certificate, Number: c.879442, Issued by: Examination Institute for Information Science
- CIO Award – Business License Online Renewals Project
- CIO Award – Multi-Jurisdictional Business License
- CIO Award – SCOPE Justice and Public Safety
- CIO Award – Bill Pay Replacement Project
- CIO Award – SWIFT Global Payments Implementation